Thursday, January 14, 2010






Well, it took two all-nighters bookending my Night of Mayhem, but I packed for my trip, boxed up my entire room and stored my life's belongings on a bed frame in the basement and cleaned my room. Thanks to all who helped.
Well, I have successfully arrived at my first destination: New York City. I took the bus and the train to meet my friend and her boyfriend for a greasy breakfast and coffee. I saw a show about the founder of AfroBeat (Fela). I wandered around Times Square taking pictures of myself (I wish this were a joke). Starbucks. Dean & Deluca. I took the train to Jersey City. I complained about our incompetent server. And I watched the cat massage video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQXiXMDTY94). Do you know that Letterman interviewed her? This thing needs to go viral, people!
Good friends, public transit and cheap beer. An all-around very New York-y day.

Today, my plan is yoga, pizzeria, another show, and drinking. A touristy day in New York, but that's okay. :)


3 comments:

  1. Jack!
    Looks like your trip is off to a great start, Hope you continue to have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That video is AMAZING. You should probably try out some of those techniques on that cat in the above picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. where the FUCK are pictures with me?

    ReplyDelete